This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
International Program Manager
Posted date [2012-Jul-10] (ID: 4653)
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS) is part of General Dynamics and has been a trusted partner to the U.S. intelligence, maritime, space and homeland communities for more than 50 years. With the expertise to lead, the insight to deliver and the commitment to succeed, we staff each mission with a carefully selected team of seasoned professionals. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., General Dynamics employs approximately 91,000 people worldwide. The company is a market leader in advanced information systems, intelligence collection and processing, business aviation, land and expeditionary combat systems, armaments and munitions, shipbuilding and marine systems, and information systems and technologies.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS) has an immediate opening for a Program Manager to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to manage and oversee the external programs that support some of our nations fundamental defense services. GDAIS employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to direct all phases of external company programs that support GDAIS operations and client work. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the Program Manager will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The Program Manager shall be responsible for the management of International and U.S. Government development programs. The Program Manager shall be the GDAIS authorized interface with the Customer Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR), and customer agency representatives to verify and validate all operations and capacity to perform.
Responsible for overall program performance on $5-20M/year on multiple study and development contracts as part of the Tactical Intelligence Systems business area. Programs include both hardware development, production and algorithm work for restricted customers. Responsibilities may also include program acquisition as well as management, with a focus on satisfaction of customer contractual specifications and requirements. Serves as the primary contact for the customer on matters pertaining to the program.
Responsible for the management of SIGINT related development programs and associated new business captures. Programs involve various phases including ConOps / Architectural Study, prototyping, full scale development, and O&M. This involves:
• Planning and executing assigned programs and proposals using corporate processes
• Responsible for the management of the entire project and the assigned staff, ensuring appropriately skilled and trained personnel. Responsible for maintaining technical currency of staff at appropriate clearance levels.
• Ensuring that all contractual requirements are met within the funds provided in the contract in accordance with the highest standards of ethical business conduct
• Identify and aggressively manage risks/issues and opportunities
• Actively contribute to customer planning and direction, translate insights into partnership-based transformational activities.
• Understand related business constraints and determine the process improvements required to achieve results based on resources allocated.
• Lead for developing client-focused strategy and executing the tactics to expand business with the customer base. Develop/articulate comprehensive strategies and plans (and related value propositions) for the LoB that will promulgate expansion of current business and migrate into adjacent agencies and customers.
• Support the Director's and assigned capture manager with any re-compete of this business. Assist in the development and management of call plans to customer senior management for GD managers.
Masters with min 6 years or Bachelors with min 8 years or equivalent professional work experience.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required.