Iqra Islamic Trust is a Not For Profit Islamic Charity organization in Fiji Islands with particular focus on Charity, Islamic education and Dawah work
Vacancy for a Resident Imam and Scholar
The Imam is required to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Lead the daily prayers at the masjid.
2. Lead Jummah and Eid prayers and give the khutbahs
3. Lead the Taraweeh prayers.
4. Conduct classes for Islamic education of children and youth
5. Provide funeral services and guidance.
6. Provide matrimonial and divorce counseling and services.
7. Provide counseling and guidance services as needed.
8. Teach Qur'anic studies and/or other Halaqas.
9. Teach and guide new Muslims
10. Participate in community activities that further good interfaith and public relations for Islam and Muslims.
The Imam should have the following qualifications:
1. Effective English communication skills and a good command of Urdu.
2. Adequate knowledge of Hanafi fiqh to teach and counsel the community on matters of fiqh.
3. Memorization of a good portion of the Qur'an to be able to lead congregational prayers.
4. Mastery of tajwid rules to ensure correct recitation of the Qur'an.
5. Adequate knowledge of the Sirah of the Prophet, and of hadith and its collection and usage.
6. Experience in teaching and counseling youth (female and male).
7. Training and experience in delivering the Jummah Khutbah.
8. Training in interfaith relations and ability to introduce Islam to people of other faiths.
The following are important qualifications of the Imam:
1. Being Hafiz and Qari of Quran and a Mufti is a definite asset.
2. Training in conflict prevention and resolution.
3. Capacity to represent the Muslim community and speak to the media
4. Dynamic personality and motivational speaker.
5. Experience in speaking with, Christians and other non-Muslims about Islam.
6. Training in family counseling.
Salary and benefits will be based upon qualifications and experience.
Please forward your application, resume, and three references before 30 June 2012 to infoiqrafiji.org
For more information about our trust, please visit the following web sites:
27 Knollys Street Suva., P O Box 9215 Nakasi, Fiji Islands. Phone :(679) 3316799 Fax :(679) 3307499